- What? Rebooting the Web of Trust 12
- When? September 18-22, 2023
- Where? Blockchain Reallabor
- An der Hasenkaule 10
- 50354 Hürth Germany (Cologne)
About the Event
Rebooting the Web of Trust (RWOT) is a five-day in-person facilitated design workshop focused on decentralized identity. Its goal is to gather together participants interested in creating decentralized digital systems for our lasting mutal benefit. At each workshop, participants work together to create artifacts that can influence the future direction of decentralized identity. That includes 65 white papers to date, but also code, spreadsheets, and other concrete deliverables.
Please see our “About” pages” for more information.
Get Your Tickets
Tickets are available through Eventbrite. We expect that most participants will choose to produce a short advanced reading to help to steer the direction of conversation at the workshop and offer discounted rates for participants who choose to do so.
Contact us for discount codes if you are submitting an advanced reading! See the advanced reading primer for more info.
Early Bird Tickets
Purchased by July 14 (sales end at 8AM GMT-3 2022-07-15)
- €1,998 Corporate participant
- €1,498 Independent/Startup participant
- €1,488 Corporate participant with advanced reading
- €988 Independent/Startup participants with advanced reading
- €288 Academic (or recent academic) with advanced reading and proof of enrollment or graduation
The deadline for Early Bird advanced reading submission is July 7th.
We offer travel stipends and ticket scholarships for select attendees bringing diverse perspectives to the event. To apply for either, you must submit an advance reading paper by July 7th so we can make our selections before the July 14th Early Bird Deadline.
Purchased by August 18 (sales end at 8AM GMT-3 2020-08-19)
- €2,288 Corporate participant
- €1,788 Independent/Startup participant*
- €1,788 Corporate participant with advanced reading
- €1,288 Independent/Startup participant* with advanced reading
- €388 Academic (or recent academic) with advanced reading and proof of enrollment or graduation
The deadline for Regular advanced reading submission is August 11th.
Prepare for the Event
Get ready for the event with the following primers.
- The Advanced Reading Primer. How to write and submit your advanced reading.
- The RWOT Primer. What to expect at the event.
- More Readings. Additional primers on identity & decentralized technologies.
Open Office Hours
Christopher Allen is hosting monthly “#RWOT Open Office Hours” each third Thursday of the month at 9:00am PT. Join us if you’d like to know more about the event! Stay up to date on this and other event info by subscribing to our low-volume announcements list.
Accomodations & Travel Guide
Closer to the event we’ll have info on suggested accomodations near the event site in Cologne as well as info on the local area.
Schedule is currently very approximate. Please visit here at the start of the workshop for the precise times!
The workshop begins with the Poster Night from 7pm to 9pm on Monday September 18.
The following four days have full schedules:
8 AM - 5 PM
8 AM - 2 PM
6 PM - 9 PM
8 AM - Noon
1 PM - 6 PM
8 AM - 1 PM
2 PM - 5 PM
6 PM - 9 PM
If you’d like to contact the leadership team, volunteer to help support RWOT, or sign up for our low-volume announcements-only mailing list, please see the Contact Info on our About page.